You can click on the map below to see where Genesis is located. Genesis is the third biggest project built by CLPD (The same builder who is giving you Suncity Gloria).
I am sure you have seen and read the negative feedback about the builder in his largest project. But I will not talk about that today. I want to talk about his third biggest project and evaluate how that is going.
Genesis project was completed by CLPD 3 years back. Just like Gloria, it was promised all amenities. The current issues –
1. Initial struggle – The electricity from BESCOM was given 6 months late. It took the builder 3 years to make the roads in the complex. The property tax for previous years was never paid.
2. Cauvery water – The money was taken for cauvery water connection. But it was never paid to BWSSB. Builder refuses to give receipt for money paid. RTI application revealed that there is over 2 crore of payment pending to get cauvery water. A very clean fraud.
3. Commercial interests – The builder has started building a school in the area of the building. The entrance of the school is through Genesis. Very soon school buses, parent’s car will throng the Genesis to enter the school. Builder has relinquished common areas within the Genesis premises for this entry of school. Their club house is now been sold to a party who will run the grocery store there. Imagine, the club house doesn’t hold pool, snooker or carrom board. I will now be used to sell atta, dal and rice. See the image at the end of the post.
4. Handover to association – Builder refuses to form a association in Genesis.
5. Property development using common area – The builder has a big chunk of land at the end of Genesis. He plans to use the genesis common facilities and roads to develop that property. Same thing that he has been doing in his previous three projects. See the image at the end of the post.
6. Property appreciation – The genesis apartments were sold at peanuts to the buyers. Even today they will fetch peanuts in resale market. The rates have not appreciated more than 15%. This much has been paid by buyers in pre-emi only.
In the next blog I intend to cover some of the media coverage about the builder.